A few years ago I wrote a php script to provide better autoindex within nginx. I used it for quite a long period until I rewrote it in Ruby/Sinatra. But then I figured the setup for it is overly complicated just for simple task. And takes additional memory. I always have php-fpm running anyway so it’s free.
And so I decided to take up the old php script and fix it up. Unfortunately there isn’t other language as easy to setup for web as php which is why I fixed it instead of rewriting in some other languages (or keeping it ruby). The “fixed” version is still pretty much imperative-style but hey, it works.
Only tested with nginx.
This blog is now running on OpenBSD 5.0. Too bad
php-fpm didn’t get to 5.0.
OpenBSD tomoka.myconan.net 5.0 GENERIC.MP#59 i386
The upgrade process went without any problems. Upgrading packages also went relatively well apart of
php being a failure because of change to infrastructure (which allowed multiple versions to be installed). Otherwise everything upgraded without hitch and finished quickly. Sure is nice depart from FreeBSD’s ports which takes hours to update a package (upgrading system is relatively quick though using
Unless there’s critical security vulnerability or something happened to the datacenter, I expect there will be no reboot until next upgrade (6 month uptime). We will see.
Many thanks to the creator himself (Igor Sysoev) for the tips.
Here are the links I find useful:
* [Why nginx](http://hostingfu.com/article/nginx-vs-lighttpd-for-a-small-vps)
* [WordPress with nginx](http://elasticdog.com/2008/02/howto-install-wordpress-on-nginx/)
Note that the latter link should not be followed anymore.
_Last update 2011-07-10 20:24: markdown-fied_