Pt. 1: disabling things.
- Disable compressed folder (here’s how – the first answer)
- Disable Aero Peek (in System Properties – Advanced system settings – Performance/Settings – uncheck Enable Aero Peek)
- Disable Aero Shake (here’s how)
- Disable Explorer’s attempt to be smart (here’s how – no. 2 – still valid for Windows 7)
- Disable autorun (search AutoPlay in start menu and untick “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices”)
- Disable cd burn feature (here’s how – I suggest using option two – through local policy editor)
Disabling them is important to keep myself sane :S